Who is this workshop for?
People whose work requires them to negotiate using English. Skilled negotiators need to be competent in key communication and language skills and to maintain their performance under pressure.
The course is designed for students who have attained a B2 or C1 level in the Common European Framework. Students would be assessed before beginning the workshop.
- To practise suitable language for negotiating skills
- To build up confidence and competence in negotiating skills
- To maintain performance under pressure
- Agreeing objectives, strategies and roles
- Establishing positions
- Questioning and clarifying
- Managing conflict
- Making and responding to proposals
- Bargaining: making conditions
- Conclusions and agreement
- Summarizing and confirming agreement
The materials used would be designed by Professional English and would include listening exercises, DVD recordings of good and bad negotiations, role play exercises.
Students will be recorded in the final negotiation practice and feedback will be given on performance.
Length: A 2-day workshop of 16 hours
Number of participants: Minimum 4 to a maximum of 8.